Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy then beat in buttermilk and soda.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture beating well to make a thin batter.
- Add berries and butter.
- Fry on a hot buttered griddle until puffy and golden brown turning only once.
- Serve hot.