This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy then beat in buttermilk and soda.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture beating well to make a thin batter.
- Add berries and butter.
- Fry on a hot buttered griddle until puffy and golden brown turning only once.
- Serve hot.