Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie's Collection. Notation on card says 1932.
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup margarine
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups blackberry jam
- 6 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda in milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
Beat egg whites and yolks separately then put together before adding to cake ingredients. Add jam last. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Caramel Frosting
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- Cook all ingredients except butter until it forms a very soft ball when tested in cold water.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and cool until lukewarm.
- Beat until creamy and spread in sides and top of cake.
- If frosting gets to hard to spread add a little milk until of spreading consistency