Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. Dated 1954. Recipe comes from a neighborhood block party. Notation on card says this came from a Metropolitan Cookbook in 1954. This cake is awesome. I have made it and will make it again and again. Took it to office and it was gobbled up……took another one the next day and was told bring it “every day”.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-cup seedless blackberry jam
- 3/4-cup buttermilk
- 1-cup pecans, chopped
- Confectioners' Sugar
- Soak raisins overnight in the crushed pineapple.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- cream shortening and butter.
- Gradually add Sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in jam.
- Alternately add sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Blend in pineapple, raisins and pecans.
- Pour batter into bundt pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.