Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Tibbenham Estate in Anna, Texas in 1997. This one is marked as a family favorite. The notation on the ledger indicates this came from an old Metropolitan Cookbook in the 1940s.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cream butter and cream Cheese together and gradually add 1 cup Sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into butter cream Cheese mixture.
- Stir in the almond extract and fold in blackberries.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch round greased and floured cake pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of Sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and let cool before serving.