Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arrange these imaginative chocolate and vanilla frosted treats on a pretty platter or tiered cake stand for a fun dessert-they’re perfect for kids and adults! To make 1 dramatic "black eyed Susan" cupcake, stir yellow food coloring into about ¼ cup vanilla frosting until it’s tinted bright yellow; use a star tip to pope on petals, then finish with a chocolate center. EP: 1hour 30 minutes plus cooling. BAKE: about 25 minutes 1hour 30 minutes plus cooling. BAKE: about 25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
- 2 decorating bags
- 2 couplers
- 2 writing tips (each ¼-inch opening)
- 2 star tips (each ¼-inch opening)
- 2 small basketweave tips (each 1/8-inch opening)
- 1 recipe Basic butter Cake (Refer below)
- 1 recipe vanilla Butter-cream Frosting(Refer below)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare Basic butter Cake or chocolate Cake as recipe directs for cupcakes. Bake and cool as directed.
- Prepare vanilla Butter-cream Frosting as recipe directs.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups frosting and set aside.
- To frosting remaining in bowl, beat in melted unsweetened and semisweet chocolates until blended. (You’ll have slightly more chocolate frosting.)
- Spoon vanilla frosting into decorating bag fitted with a coupler.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into another decorating bag fitted with another coupler.
- Using vanilla and chocolate frostings with suggested decorating tips, and small spatula, decorate tops of cupcakes as desired with black and white designs.