Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Crawford Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup black walnuts
- Cream shortening, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together salt, baking powder, cocoa and flour.
- Add alternately with milk then add nuts and bake at 325°F for 1½ hours.
- Cover after 10 minutes and cool completely before serving.
- Immediately before serving drizzle glaze over top.
- For glaze combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.