Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound beef top round
- 1½ tablespoons hot n’ spicy seasoning (recipe to follow)
- 8 red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2½ inch strips
- 2 bunches (½ pound each) mustard greens, kale or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn
- nonstick spray coating
Hot n’ spicy seasoning
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Partially freeze beef.
- Thinly slice across the grain into long strips ⅛ inch thick.
- Thoroughly coat strips with Hot n’ Spicy seasoning.
- Spray a large heavy skillet (cast iron is good) with nonstick spray coating.
- Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth and garlic.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay mustard greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.