- 3-4 lb stewing chicken 1350g
- 2 lb ground meat 900g
- 8 eggs (hard boiled)
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 square Black Recardo 6 oz
- 2-3 Apasote Leaves (crumbled)
- 2 tsp oregano Leaves (crushed)
- 1 tsp salt 5ml
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 2ml
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2-3 plugs garlic (crushed)
- Clean and season Chicken. (Set aside)
- Cut up onions and crushed garlic.
- Heat frying pan and add 1 tsp fat.
- Season ground Steak with onions, garlic, oregano leaves and apasote leaves. Place meat mixture in frying pan.
- Fry until well done. Turning frequently.
- Remove from heat and add raw eggs. Mix well.
- Stuff seasoned Chicken with ground meat. Putting in a whole egg after each portion of ground meat is inserted. Continue until all ground meat and eggs are used up. Sew up Chicken.
- Boil Chicken in sufficient water to cover up Chicken.
- Add black recardo to 1 cup water. Mix to soften. This gives the colour.
- Turn Chicken frequently to cook properly.
- Chicken can be removed from liquid and browned in the oven (serve with liquid from pot). Serve with corn tortillas.