This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups chopped and pitted black olives
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 bunch green onions chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black seeds
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat eggs then add yogurt and oil and mix well.
- Add olives, green onion, mint, red pepper flakes, salt and seeds to mixture and mix.
- Add baking powder and flour.
- Mixture will be runny.
- Pour in a greased rectangular baking dish and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before you cut and serve.