Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbs old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 envelope dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 2 Tbs molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- In bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Let stand until foamy. Stir to dissolve yeast.
- In bowl, whisk together rye flour, 3/4 cup bread flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a 2nd bowl, stir together butter, vinegar, molasses, sugar and coffee.
- Stir the butter mixture and the flour mixture into the yeast in bowl.
- Stir in pecans, raisins and cranberries until mixed.
- Stir in remaining bread flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 8 min.
- Oil a bowl. Add the dough to the bowl, turn to coat dough. Cover bowl with a towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled in volume.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Punch down dough. Shape into 6 inch ball. Place on baking sheet. Cover with a towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled in volume.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cup, beat egg white.
- Brush top of dough with egg white. Sprinkle the top with oats.
- Bake 40 min. or until browned. Let cool.
Makes 1 loaf.