Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cup black beans
- 4 cup water
- 1 x Onion, halved
- 3 x bay leaves
- 6 x garlic cloves, whole
- 2 cup rice
- 1/3 tsp saffron
- 6 x tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cup onions, chopped
- 6 tbl olive oil
- 2 tbl wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbl Fresh basil, or parsley
- black pepper
- Rinse and sort the beans.
- Put into a large, heavy pot with lid.
- Cover with the 4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.
- Add the halved onions, bay leaves and garlic to beans.
- Place over low heat and cook, covered, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove and discard the Onion, bay leaves and garlic cloves.
- Keep beans warm.
- Prepare the garnish about 1 hour before serving.
- Place the tomatoes and Onion into a serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, Cayenne, parsley or basil and black pepper to taste.
- Toss to blend.
- Bring 4 cups water to boiling in a heavy saucepan with tight fitting lid.
- Add the rice and saffron threads
- Stir well, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- To serve, place the rice, black beans, and the garnish into separate bowls. .