- ¼ cup chorizo sausages, crumbled 
- ½ cup red bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup fresh mango, chopped
- Cook chorizo, red bell pepper and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, till sausage is browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture over rice in serving bowls, then top with fresh mango.
- If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.