Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Black Beans and Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped fine
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 x 15 oz. can black beans, or about 2 cups of home-cooked black beans
- 1 cup broccoli florettes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté onions and garlic in vegetable oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, beans and rice.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli turns bright green.
- Gently stir in tomato and cilantro.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture and let melt.