- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Dash of ground chipotle (optional)
- 20-oz. can low-sodium enchilada sauce
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese or soy cheese (2 oz.)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In large nonstick skillet, combine black beans, corn, scallions and tomato. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup cilantro, oregano, cumin and chipotle powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Coat medium baking dish with thin layer of enchilada sauce.
3. Place tortillas in stack on microwavable plate; cover with moist paper towel. Microwave tortillas on high until soft and heated through, about 1 minute. Dip tortillas in enchilada sauce to lightly coat and spread with about 1/4 cup bean mixture. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon any remaining filling over enchiladas and cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cheese and bake, uncovered, until bubbling, 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle enchiladas with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and serve.