- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or 2 cups black beans cooked at home
- 2 cups cooked fresh, frozen or canned corn, toasted in a dry, non-stick pan until caramelized
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seeds that have been ground into a powder
- 1/2 of a chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Set aside 1/2 cup of beans and 1/2 cup of corn.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds or until all ingredients are smooth.
- Stir in the reserved beans and corn for a bit of texture.
- If the dip is too thick, stir in two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Black Bean and Corn Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain