- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or 2 cups black beans cooked at home
- 2 cups cooked fresh, frozen or canned corn, toasted in a dry, non-stick pan until caramelized
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seeds that have been ground into a powder
- 1/2 of a chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Set aside 1/2 cup of beans and 1/2 cup of corn.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds or until all ingredients are smooth.
- Stir in the reserved beans and corn for a bit of texture.
- If the dip is too thick, stir in two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Black Bean and Corn Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.