Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Black Bean and Cabbage Stew from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or thyme
- 1¼ lbs potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 14 oz can black beans
- 3½ cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 6 oz cabbage or scallions, shredded
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and leek and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and paprika and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add marjoram or thyme, potatoes, beans, vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add cabbage or scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.