Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A known Canadian black bean soup, full of veggies and good strong taste ! Prep requires only basic cooking skills and all the way worth it !
This recipe comes from Canadian Living Magazine. It is simple, tasty and filling, especially for our cold winter nights in Alberta. Any kind of canned beans can be used instead of black beans. A dash of Hot Sauce at the table is a nice touch.
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cans (14-oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (7-oz) corn kernels
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 can (10-oz) stewed tomatoes
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn and pepper; bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.