- 1+1/3 cup dried beans
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1+1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1+1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced chilis
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium tomato
lemon juice or other citrus juice
- Pick through, rinse, soak, and cook the dried beans .
- Cook the beans until tender.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, and chilis in the oil for five to ten minutes.
- Drain the cooked beans and add them.
- Mash it around with a spoon or Potato masher until most of the beans are mashed.
- Add the tomatoes and citrus juice.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring to avoid stick-age.
- You may want to add more salt and pepper.
- Layer beans, lettuce, Cheese, guacamole, and salsa on lightly fried tortillas