Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cup dried black beans soaked in water over night
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 3 cup chopped Onion
- 10 med garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 med carrot diced
- 1 med green pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Place the soaked beans in a pot with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until tender - about 1 1/4 hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add Onion, half the garlic, cumin, salt and carrot. Saute over medium heat until the carrot is just tender. Add the rest of the garlic and the diced green pepper. Saute another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the cooked beans (keep the black water), stir in the orange juice,
add black and cayenne peppers.
- To thicken the soup, puree some of it in a blender or food processor and return it to the pot. Simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes more.