- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup broccoli stems, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon tabasco sauce (i like cholula)
- 1 cup diced smoked chicken
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with a small amount of warm water (optional)
- In ¼ cup butter, saute carrots, onion, celery and broccoli stems for 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, oregano and basil; saute 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and deglaze pan.
- Add hot chicken stock and reduce by one-third.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, smoked chicken, beans and broccoli florets; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream, simmer 5 minutes more and season to taste (thicken with cornstarch if desired).
- Drop in remaining butter, piece by piece, stirring until melted and serve immediately.
Smoked chicken Edit
- On a covered grill, slightly smoke boneless chicken, cooking to medium rare (about 30 minutes).
- Chef Meskan uses applewood chips and does not allow the grill to become too hot.