Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: --
Serves: 6 to 8
A quick, easy, and most importantly - HEALTHY salad! Can be served alongside a seafood meal (such as fish tacos) or other grilled meats. Make sure to serve with tortilla chips, as this is great as either a standalone salad or as a "salsa."
- 30 oz. black beans, drained (preferably no salt added beans, if you can get them)
- 15 oz. kernel corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- ¼ cup diced pineapple
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 4 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Half a lime, juiced
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for one hour, but the longer it sits, the better the flavors will meld. This tastes great as leftovers and if served at a party or a potluck, expect it to disappear quickly.
- Note that the amount of salt may seem high in this recipe, but keep in mind that the salt has to season A LOT of ingredients. If you can find no salt added black beans, you may need the full tablespoon of salt. If you're concerned about the sodium levels in this recipe, start off with 1 tsp. salt and adjust to your tastes.
- You can find sherry vinegar at higher end/gourmet grocery stores as well as online. For quality vinegar, make sure it says "vinagre de Jerez" on the label, as this will tell you that the vinegar was made in Spain. You can also find sherry vinegar from online vendors as well. If you don't want to bother looking for this fancier vinegar, you can substitute with red wine vinegar.