Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: www.cinnamonhearts.com
- Source: Magic Beans, 1996 by Patti Bazel Geil.
- Makes 16 servings
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom only of a 9- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray; dust with flour.
- Mix all ingredients and beat 30 strokes. Spread in pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
Per (1-square) serving:
- 178 Calories | 6g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat) | 25g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 4 mg Cholesterol | 373 mg Sodium | 6g Protein
- Exchanges: 2 Starches, 1 Fat