- 1 cut up chicken (3½ lbs)
- 1 freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion - chopped
- ½ cup green pepper - chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper - seeds removed and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin - ground
- 1 medium tomato - peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz)
- Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a 12 inch skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil about three minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- To pan drippings, add onion, green pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic.
- Cook two minutes, or until onions are softened.
- Stir in cumin, tomatoes, lemon juice and black beans.
- Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.