This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut toasted
- 9 inch chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, melted chocolate, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt then mix well.
- Stir in the pecans and coconut and mix well.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely before serving.