Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound black eyed peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cornbread muffins
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- In a large pot over medium heat render sausage for 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions, salt, cayenne, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and parsley then sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, peas and garlic.
- Simmer for 1½ hours then spoon peas and sausage in center of a shallow serving bowl and garnish with green onions.
- Serve with cornbread muffins.