Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peas, Black-Eyed Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Makes an excellent stuffing for chicken or can be served as a side dish.
- Serves: 8
- 1 cup dry black-eyed peas
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cook beans in water until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Drain and discard water.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cooked rice, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, and simmer 10 more minutes.