Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ cup dried black-eyed peas, picked over
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbl balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper including, (wear rubber gloves) seeds
- 1½ tbl olive oil
- ¼ lb cooked ham steak, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- In a saucepan combine peas with salt and water to cover by 2 inches and simmer
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes
- Drain peas and in a bowl toss with vinegar, vegetables, jalapeño, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a small skillet heat remaining ½ tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot
- Add honey and saute, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add ham to salad and toss well.