- When peas have softened, rub off skins and soak an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor, process peas, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add water while continuing to process.
- Add enough water to get a smooth, thick puree.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil and fry 1 tbsp of the batter till golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been fried.
- Keep in oven to keep hot.
- Serve piping hot, sprinkled with salt and lime juice.