Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gee Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans black-eyed peas
- 8 ounce container chive and onion flavored cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounce package Hush Puppy mix with onion
- olive oil
- sour cream and Green Tomato Relish
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until tender.
- Process onion, 1 can of peas, cream cheese, egg, salt and hot sauce in a blender until smooth stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir in hush puppy mix and gently fold in remaining can of peas.
- Shape into patties and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Cook patties in batches in hot oil in a skillet adding oil as needed for about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm and serve with sour cream and green tomato relish.