Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pound frying chicken cut into serving pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange flavored liqueur
- ¼ cup honey
- grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in large sealable bag.
- Add chicken then shake to coat completely with flour mixture shaking off excess.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large baking pan in oven.
- Remove pan from oven then roll chicken in butter to evenly coat.
- Arrange chicken skin side down in single layer in pan.
- Bake chicken 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange peel and soy sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn pieces over.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Continue baking basting occasionally with pan drippings for 30 minutes.