Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Young Estate in Sparks, Nevada in 1990. The notation on card says this was "Paw-Paw's favorite dessert". Dated 1916.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cups stale breadcrumbs
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 ounce bitter chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Sauce Edit
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak bread in 1¾ cup milk for thirty minutes.
- Melt chocolate over hot water. Gradually add sugar and remaining ¼ cup milk to make smooth paste.
- Add to bread with salt, vanilla, and egg slightly beaten.
- Place in well buttered pudding dish and bake ½ hour until set.
- Serve with vanilla sauce which is made by melting the butter and flour and stir until it bubbles.
- Add the boiling water and sugar. Boil until smooth and thoroughly cooked.
- Add flavoring, strain and serve hot.