Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 cups Eggplant, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, cut in 1-in. lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chilies, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch Eggplant for a couple of minutes and transfer to ice bath. In a non-stick saute pan, heat oil and fry fenugreek and cumin seeds until dark. Add potatoes slices, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir-fry until potatoes are well browned and cooked half way. Add garlic, ginger and chilies. Mix well to incorporate into the potatoes. Add blanched Eggplant, yogurt and soy sauce and stir fry for five-seven minutes over medium-low heat until potatoes and asparagus are tender. Add diced tomatoes and green onions just before removing from heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with rice pilaf, accompanied by tomato achar.