Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Trapper Estate in Garland, Texas in 1987. Also part of the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 medium yellow onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds small red potatoes
- boiling salted water
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Sauté onions in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then cover and chill.
- Boil potatoes for 35 minutes.
- Drain and chill in covered container.
- Combine mayonnaise with dill leaves, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- Slice chilled potatoes and brush a thin glaze of the dilled mayonnaise over tops.
- To arrange salad spoon onions onto plate spreading into 12 inch round.
- Make overlapping circles of glazed sliced potatoes over onions.
- Spoon some of the dilled mayonnaise into center and pass remainder in small bowl.