Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cuban fried steak
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 top round steaks, 4 to 6 ounces each
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pure Spanish olive oil or salted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped by hand
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped by hand
- Pound the steaks on both sides, using a mallet, until ¼-inch thin.
- Season with garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper, and allow to marinate at least 1 hour, refrigerated.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat until very hot, and brown each steak for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the marinade and onion to the pan and cook until the onion is slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish the steaks with the onion and parsley and serve immediately.