Bison, Grain-Fed Frozen, Ground or Stew Meat by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 1½ cups soft breadcrumbs (2 slices of bread) or ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf or pat into a lightly oiled loaf pan.
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 45 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F.