A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- Shape ground bison into four ½ inch thick patties.
- Grill, covered, 4-6 inches above medium hot coals, turning once.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Season burger to taste with salt, pepper, and other spices as desired.
- Tuck into a toasted bun, top with your favorite condiments and enjoy.