Also called Fank.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 pkg yeast
- 4 heaping tbsp sugar
- a dash of salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 egg yolks
- Boil milk, add butter and sugar, and then cool.
- Add yeast and milk and beat egg yolks in well with beater.
- Add this mixture to flour.
- Let rise for 2 hours.
- Roll out lightly on floured board to ⅜ inch thickness, and cut out round circles.
- Lighly cover with cloth and let rise again about ½ hour.
- Fry in hot Crisco oil (vegetable oil) or lard.
- Bismarcks will turn nice brown on both sides after being flipped over.
- Bismarcks should drain for a few seconds on paper toweling.
- If you want jelly Bismarcks, add jelly after they are fried.
- Use a pastry bag to add jelly.
- You can also sprinkle powdered sugar on top of Bismarcks.