Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Also called Fank.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 pkg yeast
- 4 heaping tbsp sugar
- a dash of salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 egg yolks
- Boil milk, add butter and sugar, and then cool.
- Add yeast and milk and beat egg yolks in well with beater.
- Add this mixture to flour.
- Let rise for 2 hours.
- Roll out lightly on floured board to ⅜ inch thickness, and cut out round circles.
- Lighly cover with cloth and let rise again about ½ hour.
- Fry in hot Crisco oil (vegetable oil) or lard.
- Bismarcks will turn nice brown on both sides after being flipped over.
- Bismarcks should drain for a few seconds on paper toweling.
- If you want jelly Bismarcks, add jelly after they are fried.
- Use a pastry bag to add jelly.
- You can also sprinkle powdered sugar on top of Bismarcks.