Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a traditional Sudanese recipe which i learned from Sudanese friends. Its a great alternative to traditional cakes. the sound of the ingredients might put you off, but you have to taste it to believe how nice it is.
- 2 cups coarse semolina
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 500 ml natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cream together semolina and margarine.
- mix in yoghurt, 1 cup Sugar, coconut, and baking soda.
- pour mix into deep baking tray.
- cook for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- when cool dissolve 1/2 cup caster sugar in two cups boiling water and lemon juice.
- boil until slightly thickened.
- pour over cooled cake.
- allow to cool.