Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chocolate roll. This is always my Christmas dinner dessert. It literally melts in your mouth. This year I need to make at least two of them. It's so good it's almost sinful! — JJ
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- butter, to grease the baking sheet and paper
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup fine granulated sugar
- 6 ounces of dark sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cold coffee
- 5 stiffly beaten egg whites
- cocoa, for dusting
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened and flavored to taste
- Butter a large baking sheet, line it with wax paper and butter the paper.
- Beat 5 egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 cup fine granulated sugar and beat until the mixture is very thick and pale in color.
- Melt 6 ounces of dark sweet chocolate over low heat, add 3 tablespoons cold coffee.
- Let mixture cool.
- Finally, fold in 5 stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Spread the batter evenly over the prepared sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Be careful not to over bake.
- Cover the cake with a damp towel for 30 minutes, until it is cool.
- Loosen it from the baking sheet and dust the surface generously with cocoa.
- Turn the cake over onto a sheet of wax paper and gently remove the paper from the bottom.
- Spread the cake with 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened and flavored to taste, and roll it lengthwise into a long slim roll.
- To roll this delicate cake, lift up 2 corners of the wax paper and flip over about 2 inches of the cake onto itself.
- Continue to roll by lifting the wax paper.
- The last flip should deposit the cake onto a long wooden board or platter.
- Dust the top with a little more cocoa.