Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1/2 kg Mutton
- 250 gms rice parboiled
- 311/2 tblsp lemon juice
- 10 blanched almonds (Badam)
- 1/2 tblsp mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
- 1 cups butter
- 1 handfuls chopped coriander leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1/2 tblsp cumin Seed (jeera)
- 2 large sliced Onion (Kanda Pyaaz)
- 2 brown cardamom (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 tblsp oil
- 4 pods garlic (Lasun)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 " long piece ginger (Adrak)
- 1/2 tblsp saffron (Kesar)
- 1/2 tblsp Green Chilly (Hari Mirch) chopped
- 1/2 tblsp Red chili powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/2 " cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 1/2 kg Curd (Dahi)
- 125 gms milk
- 3 cups water
- First wash and soak rice.
- Then fry sliced onions to a golden brown color.
- Soak saffron in water.
- Now grind ginger, red chillies, garlic and almonds and fry these in butter.
- Add it to the mutton and salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook onlow flame till meat becomes tender and about 1 cup of gravy is left.
- Boil rice with salt in another pan.
- Put curd into a piece of muslin cloth and let the water drain away.
- Add cloves, cardomoms, cumin seed, mint leaves, chopped chillies and coriander in drained curd.
- Strain the saffron water and add lemon juice.
- Add all this to mutton.
- Sprinkle half of the boiled rice over the mutton and then spread a layer of fried Onion and then of rice again.
- Now pour milk and some butter and cover the vessel.
- Seal the edges of the pan with flour paste.
- Place the can on flame for one hour.
- Serve it very hot with some curry.