Mung bean pancake
- 14 oz nok doo (mung beans)
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- ½ carrot, thin julienne
- 3 green onions, cut in a bias
- ⅛ lb beef, thin julienne
- ½ cup kimchi, cut into strips (you can substitute to blanched napa cabbage)
- ¼ cup bean sprouts, blanched, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp salt
- Wash mung beans and soak in cold water for 3 hours.
- Get rid of outer shell by rubbing them with hands.
- Wash again.
- Put them in a food processor with a little water and grind to fairly fine paste.
- In a bowl, mix onion, carrot, green onions, beef, bean sprouts and kimchi.
- Add mung bean paste and salt.
- In a non-stick pan, add vegetable oil.
- Pour a ladle of paste to make 3 – 4 inches in diameter and cook until brown, turn only once.
- Serve with soy sauce (with some chopped green onion).