Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After an OVERLY hearty, boring, rich, oily meat and potatoes kind of meal everyone only wants one thing; something that's not overly hearty, boring, rich, or oily! That is why I made dessert salad that is also a great snack, bunch, and even a full lunch sometimes.8 servings, 30 minutes preparation
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 2 mangoes
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 kiwi fruits
- 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- Cut the 2 in half, then scrap out the innards.
- Cut into ¼'s then ⅛'s.
- Fillet from the skin and chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Toss into a big mixing bowl.
- Peel the mangos and cut from the core then cut the two bigger pieces in half and chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Toss into the big mixing bowl.
- Wash the berries, and cut the tops off the strawberries and cut the big ones into halves or quarters.
- Toss into the big mixing bowl then toss all the ingredients together.
- Peel and slice the kiwis into ¼-inch rounds and place around the edges of the bowl for presentation.
- On the small holed side of your cheese grater (or with a micro plane) zest 2 of the limes and then place the zest in a small bowl.
- Juice all 4 of the limes into the bowl with the zest and then whisk in the sugar.
- Pour over the fruit salad and let sit for at least 4 hour before serving.