Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/4th block of extra firm tofu, excess water removed and crumbled
- 1/2 -- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- two slices of tomato, I prefer roma
- chopped veggies of choice—I use the following:
- 1/2 green pepper
- approx. 1/4 cup vidalia Onion
- 3 button Mushrooms
- 1 small can of black olives
- soya cheese, optional
- Saute the crumbled tofu in half of the olive oil with salt and pepper until browned. Meanwhile, toast the bagel. Spread each toasted bagel half with the avocado. Place tomato slices on each bagel half. When tofu is brown, add chopped peppers, Onion and Mushrooms. This is when you may need to add more olive oil. However, remember, Mushrooms are mostly water and will add to the saute juices in the pan. When peppers are tender, onions are glossy and Mushrooms are sauted; heap tofu/veggie mixture on to bagel halves. Top with black olives. If you are using soya cheese, place a slice on each half and broil until the Cheese has melted. Serve at once.