Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek Stuffed Hamburgers.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 5 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or ½ teaspoon dried
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- Place ground beef in a bowl.
- Add onion and egg white and mix with your hands.
- Add parsley, oregano, cumin, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix, then divide into 5 portions.
- Slice 5 thin slices of tomato.
- Cut remainder into wedges or thick slices.
- Slice feta into 5 thin slices.
- Divide the meat into 5 portions, then divide each portion into 2 pieces.
- Flatten each piece into a very thin patty.
- Top 1 patty with a slice of tomato and a slice of feta.
- Top with another patty. Gently seal edges so cheese won't leak out.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
- Brush grill with olive oil and cook burgers slowly over medium heat until insides are thoroughly cooked (or fry burgers in a pan in olive oil).
- Serve with sliced tomato, parsley sprigs and tzatziki sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 395, Fat 32 g, Carbs 6 g, Sodium 412 mg, Fiber 1 g.