Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe is taken without permission from "Portuguese Homestyle Cooking" written by Ana Patuleia Ortins
- 12 medallions of pork loin, about ¼ inch thick
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp coarse salt,
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 cups of white wine
- olive oil (for frying)
- 2 – 3 large onions
- One day before you plan to serve this recipe, mash the garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Add the chili paste and 1 tsp of paprika.
- Coat the medallions with paste and place in a shallow baking dish cover with wine, making sure coverage is complete.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove the medallions from the dish, saving the marinade.
- Heat ½ cup of olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden.
- Add remaining paprika and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Set aside, cover and keep warm in a large skillet pour enough olive oil to cover about half the bottom of the pan.
- Heat until the pan is very hot but not smoking.
- Brown the medallions a few at a time, being sure not to crowd them.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side.