Recipe is taken without permission from "Portuguese Homestyle Cooking" written by Ana Patuleia Ortins
- 12 medallions of pork loin, about ¼ inch thick
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp coarse salt,
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 cups of white wine
- olive oil (for frying)
- 2 – 3 large onions
- One day before you plan to serve this recipe, mash the garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Add the chili paste and 1 tsp of paprika.
- Coat the medallions with paste and place in a shallow baking dish cover with wine, making sure coverage is complete.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove the medallions from the dish, saving the marinade.
- Heat ½ cup of olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden.
- Add remaining paprika and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Set aside, cover and keep warm in a large skillet pour enough olive oil to cover about half the bottom of the pan.
- Heat until the pan is very hot but not smoking.
- Brown the medallions a few at a time, being sure not to crowd them.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side.