Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The delicacy in this snack is in making the dough. The smoother the dough the better the taste.
- Contributed by monty 10:02, 17 March 2007 (MST)
- 4 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 250 g corn kernels
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 onion
- green chilis (optional)
- 50 g mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 20 g pomegranate seeds (fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 g saffron
- 1 tbsp milk to soak saffron
- Soak saffron in warm milk.
- boil and mash potatoes.
- add egg, tomato puree, salt and pepper and saffron and knead till smooth.
- now add rest of ingredients.
- knead again till you feel no lumps in it. make in to a shape of small cutlets.
- put a spoon of butter on an iron girdle or in a frying pan.
- now shallow fry the cutlets till slightly golden.
- or else bake them in a moderate oven till lightly browned.
- serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Do not deep fry or else the taste will be spoiled. The best is if it is being cooked on a girdle.