The delicacy in this snack is in making the dough. The smoother the dough the better the taste.
- Contributed by monty 10:02, 17 March 2007 (MST)
- 4 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 250 g corn kernels
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 onion
- green chilis (optional)
- 50 g mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 20 g pomegranate seeds (fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 g saffron
- 1 tbsp milk to soak saffron
- Soak saffron in warm milk.
- boil and mash potatoes.
- add egg, tomato puree, salt and pepper and saffron and knead till smooth.
- now add rest of ingredients.
- knead again till you feel no lumps in it. make in to a shape of small cutlets.
- put a spoon of butter on an iron girdle or in a frying pan.
- now shallow fry the cutlets till slightly golden.
- or else bake them in a moderate oven till lightly browned.
- serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Do not deep fry or else the taste will be spoiled. The best is if it is being cooked on a girdle.