Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 600 g hilsa fish
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt - to taste
- 40 g mustard seed paste
- 20 g green chilli paste
- 4 green chilli slit
- 25 ml cream
- 75 g mustard oil
- Cut the hilsa fish into darnes and wash well in cold water.
- Apply turmeric and salt on the fish and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Blend together freshly ground fine mustard paste, green chilli paste, oil, cream and turmeric powder (1 tsp).
- Dip the pieces of marinated fish in this masala and put in the steaming casserole of the pressure cooker.
- Pour four cups of water in the cooker and bring to a boil. Adjust the steamer casserole and steam under simmering temperature for 8 minutes. Take off the fire and release the steam.
- Serve hot with boiled rice garnished with slit green chillies.