- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Heat 1 tsp oil and add peppercorns, cloves and coriander seeds.
- When they pop, add sliced onion.
- Add coconut gratings and brown the whole lot.
- Cool and grind to a fine paste, adding a little water as needed.
- Heat remaining oil and add cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the chopped onion.
- Add tomatoes, sprouted peas and all the spice powders.
- Add salt and boil, mashing a few peas with the back of the ladle.
- Add ground paste and sufficient water to make enough gravy.
- Add the kokums, stir and boil once.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with puris made of rice flour, or with rotis and onion slices.