Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beya Kyaw (Split Pea Fritters) is a great accompaniment to soups or main course dishes.
- This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 200 g (7 oz) split peas, dried
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Put the split peas in a large bowl filled with cold water and let the peas soak overnight.
- Drain the peas and reduce to a paste using a food processor.
- Add the onions, chile and ground turmeric to the paste and form into small balls, roughly the size of a golf ball.
- Next, slightly flatten the balls (½-inch thick).
- Deep-fry the fritters to a golden brown.
- Drain the fritters on absorbent paper and serve hot.