Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Carey Estate in Rockwall, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ teaspoon shallots peeled and sliced
- ¼ ounce white wine vinegar
- ¼ ounce white wine
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon pickled ginger diced
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- 5 black peppercorns
- ¼ ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces whole butter at room temperature
- splash of cold water
- ¼ teaspoon chopped chives
- In small saucepan heat shallots, vinegar, wine and whole peppercorns.
- Reduce until sauce takes on a syrup consistency then remove from stove.
- Strain through fine sieve into another pot.
- Add splash of cold water and butter while whisking constantly.
- When butter is incorporated add chives, ginger and garlic.